Monday, July 16, 2012

Ode to Joy

I've never been one to cry much.  But something has happened to me over the past few months.  I get teary-eyed over butterflies and all sorts of little things.  I suspect it has something to do with the Holy Spirit waking up my heart.

And today a friend in Europe sent me this video of part of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony and I had to hastily dry my eyes to see the end. I imagined it as part of the soundtrack of the Lord's Second Coming.  Wouldn't it be great if we all joined together to praise Him?

In case you didn't already know, Ludwig van Beethoven wrote this when he was completely deaf.  The choir sings "Ode to Joy," a poem by Friedrich Schiller. Here are parts of it:
Do you fall down, you millions?
Do you sense the creator, world?
Seek him above the starry canopy,
Above the stars he must live.
and
Endure courageously, millions!
Endure for the better world!
There above the starry canopy
A great God will reward.
 


 

1 comment: